- The cotton burns. The smoke from the cotton burning isn’t healthy to inhale.
- Your vape juice overheats. If the juice gets too hot, it breaks down into its chemical components. The PC in vape juice breaks down into formaldehyde, which can be poisonous in large quantities and isn’t ideal for you in small quantities.
What to do if you’re getting heaps of dry hitsGenerally, if you’re getting a lot of dry hits, it’s probably because you don’t have enough vape juice in the coil. The wicks aren’t soaking in the juice, and this causes the cotton to burn. Luckily, the solution is simple – top up your vape juice more often. Try to keep the tank as full as you can, and it’s also a good idea to prime your coil when you start by letting it soak in a tank of juice overnight. There are a few other reasons that you could be getting dry hits. We got over them in depth in this article, but briefly, they are:
- Forgetting to prime your coil.
- Vaping too quickly.
- Using too high wattage.
- Too high temperature.
- Using high VG juice (especially without a sub ohm tank)
- Sugars and artificial sweeteners in your e-juice.