Is vape spitback getting on your nerves? Spitting vapes are unpleasant and can be off-putting for newbie vapers who don’t know how to solve the problem. Luckily, we have you covered with a range of solutions to stop spitting vapes in their tracks. Keep reading to learn more so you can keep using your e-cigarette in NZ without a hitch!
What causes vape spitback?Vape spitback occurs when the centre of the vape coil gets flooded with juice. All of the juice can’t be vaporised fast enough, so the excess juice begins to bubble. These bubbles can emerge through the mouthpiece when you inhale, causing droplets of e-liquid to land on your mouth. While this isn’t dangerous, it can be uncomfortable and downright annoying when you just want a nice smooth drag. A likely reason for this pooling of e-liquid in the coil is that the wick is too old and can’t absorb new e-juice fast enough. A simple fix for this is to get a new coil and see if that solves the problem. If it doesn’t help, there are some other simple things you can do to get rid of vape spitback.
How to reduce vape spitback
1. Be careful not to overprime your coilPriming your coil is essential to avoid dry hits. However, if you overdo it, you can end up with another issue—spitting. When priming, drop just enough juice to saturate the wick without pooling up extra e-liquid in the chamber.
2. Flick the vape before useFor pesky devices with spitting issues, a simple flick can clear the coil of extra juice before use. Stand over a sink, turn the vape tank upside down, and give it a few gentle shakes. You should see the extra juice droplets come out of the mouthpiece. It’s a good idea to do this when you get a new coil or have just filled up your tank.
3. Minimise your airflowIf you are in the habit of taking super long pulls on your vape, this could be the reason why you are experiencing spitback. Long draws pull extra juice into the chamber, and you may be drawing more e-liquid in than your coil can handle. Try taking smaller puffs to remedy the issue.
4. Run your device before inhalingFiring your device a few times before inhaling will get your coil nice and hot, so any excess juice can bubble away before you inhale. This way when you go to take a draw, you should get a smooth vapour flow without any irritating spitting surprises.
5. Adjust your settingsIf your device allows you to adjust the settings, try turning up the heat to reduce spitback. Using a higher wattage will get the e-liquid vaporising faster which reduces the chances of it pooling up in the coil.
6. Clear the vape chimneySometimes e-juice can collect in the chimney of your vape which can lead to spitback as it drips back down into the coil. If you suspect this might be causing the problem, use a paper towel to soak up any excess juice or condensation in the chimney before firing.