One of the biggest mistakes vapers make – and it’s especially common among newer vapers – is choosing a high-quality vaping device, then use the cheapest possible e-liquids. Perhaps this is because they don’t understand how vaping works, or they believe one e-liquid is as good as another.
Here’s a newsflash – they aren’t.
High-quality vaping products will give you a longer lasting vape. It’s the cheaper products that can have nasty side effects like a bad taste, sore throat, nausea, chesty coughs, or even vomiting.
Cheap e-liquids can actually cause damage to your vaping kit. It’s just not worth it.
We always recommend choosing the best vape pens, e-cigarettes, and e-liquid you can afford, and to always opt for e-liquids that are regulated and approved by governing bodies (Like all NZVAPOR e-liquids).
Here’s a quick guide to help you make sure you’re using high quality vaping products:
1. Check the ingredients and packaging
Not all e-liquids are created equal. Some liquids can contain harmful ingredients, poor quality nicotine, and may have even been put together in unaccredited facilities (e.g. kitchens, bathrooms or garages) that don’t have – shall we say – the “safest” practices.
The poorer-quality ingredients can be harmful to your kit – causing damage to your coil or tank that can impact your ability to have a decent vape in future.
It’s best to stick to companies with a proven track record of producing high-quality products. NZVAPOR’s clean room has been accredited as an ISO class 7 laboratory. We’ve worked tirelessly to craft a premium vaping product that provides the possible flavour while minimising the risk of producing any unexpected ‘spin off’ chemicals.
2. Not all steel is created equal
Most reputable manufacturers like to make a big deal about the stainless steel, nickel or titanium in their coils. Stainless steel, nickel or Titanium are the ideal metals for use in vaping pens, but you want to choose pens made from quality steels, not unknown alloys.
Also, note that sub ohm atomisers will only work with batteries capable of firing a coil that has less than 1 ohm.
How to avoid cheap vaping products
Here are our tips to make sure you’re always using the best vaping products for your budget:
- Buy your products from a trusted and accredited company. Like us! We’ve been NZ’s number one trusted source for vape products for over 5 years.
- When buying pens, look for stainless steel, nickel or titanium, and only buy from accredited vendors like NZVAPOR.
- If you’ve seen a new e-liquid you want to try, check the packaging and ingredient list – if it’s full of words you can’t pronounce, shows that water has been added, and the packaging is cheap, then you probably have a cheap product.
- If you start getting a scratchy throat or notice a strange taste while trying a new e-liquid flavour, then get rid of it and go back to one of your faithful old standbys.